Diversity and Inclusion mini-conference in association with WISE*
An event for frank conversations and action to share, explore and accelerate, action and ambition for better work for everyone + better workplaces, especially in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths.
What’s happening? Challenges and opportunities from school to boardroom
You are invited to join in the conversation/ exhibition/ activities, there will be:
- Bitesize talks/ debates/ and listening opportunities from experts and people with lived experience.
- Interactive exhibition – have your say and put your action or question on the map
- What helps attract, retain and develop female talent, and talent from every background and underrepresented group?
- What are our challenges and opportunities in Bristol and the South West?
Who is it for?
People working in, or interested in, inclusion/ gender equality/ diversity in Bristol, Bath and the South West i.e. Professional Bodies, networks, CEOs, HR Directors, Gender network leaders, chairs, advisory board members and D&I leads + Engineers, Scientists, Technologists, Mathematicians.
Who will be there?
You’re invited to bring your people, talent and projects and exhibitions ready to share them. Bring your Allies and women’s and diversity networks/ training/ support of underrepresented people and STEM.
UWE – Dr Vanda Papafilippou, Senior Lecturer in HRM, Academic Assoc CIPD, sharing brand new research: What is the impact of women’s networks on the career identity of female engineers?
WISE – sharing latest campaign work
Women’s Tech Hub and VoicebyVolume – Helen Farmer, SROI Social Value Practitioner, Inclusion and Impact Consultant, hosting the event and sharing Women’s Tech Hub and Allies work
Plus loads of other great people doing inspirational stuff on inclusion across sectors, to be announced as soon as we’ve sorted it! :
- Build Diversity showing their great incentives around construction and engineering
- Tiny Giant bringing their creative flair to the day
Get in touch for support and sponsorship opportunities email@example.com
Am I right for this?
There is no right or wrong – this is for you if:
- You care and you’re interested in voices and choices who may be missing from leadership/ the media/ tech companies
- You want to be part of a Women and Allies event to accelerate and explore inclusion.
WISE enables and
If you want more women in science, technology, engineering, manufacturing, construction – from the classroom to the boardroom and at all stages in between
– WISE is here to help.
Whether you are a business, employer, research institution, professional body, education or training provider or simply
Our long term vision
For gender balance in STEM, from the classroom to the boardroom.
Our short-term goal
One million women working in core STEM occupations by 2020.